Bucket List ~ A bucket list is a list of things such as activities that you are going to do before you die.
I am impressed when I see someone who has an exceptionally long bucket list. In all honesty, mine is pretty short and simple.
I am simply blessed to live a life with such an exceptional husband, three beautiful kids, parents who have given me the world and instilled a slew of values, a family who understands my faults and loves me anyway and friends who see my quirkiness and odd sense of humor, but still believe that I am from Earth…not Mars.
Did you ever see the movie The Bucket List? Amazing movie that still makes me cry. One of my very favorite quotes from the movie was spoken by Edward Cole.
The simplest thing is… I loved him. And I miss him. Carter and I saw the world together. Which is amazing… When you think that only three months ago, we were complete strangers! I hope that it doesn’t sound selfish of me but… the last months of his life were the best months of mine. He saved my life… And he knew it before I did.
My Bucket List:
- Go backpacking in Europe. Discover the minuscule pieces of history there, not just the big ones.
Write a book…and publish it.
- See the Northern Lights
- Swim with the dolphins
- Be able to financially support our family so my husband can quit his day job…so he can follow a certain dream of his. 🙂
Bury the hatchet with all the enemies / people you had conflict with in the past or now.
- Get a tattoo (yep, sorry mom and dad.)
- Be an extra in a movie
- Financial independence (pay off our house and cars; this is partially already done!)
- Go whale watching
Run at least 3 miles a week
- Write a second book
- And publish it.
- Try things I’m afraid to do (i.e. skydiving)
- Go to Turks and Caicos for a 2nd honeymoon (working on it for later this year!)
- See Wicked in NYC
- Kiss the Blarney Stone (and take my husband golfing here as well!)
- Cruise to Alaska
- Take a cooking class
Help someone in need(This can and will be repeated throughout my life.)
Do you have a bucket list?